This gorgeous furnished 3 bedroom Victorian period home is located on a beautiful tree-lined street in the vibrant inner-city suburb of Kensington, just 4kms from the CBD,
The nearest railway station (Kensington) is only a 5 minute walk away, requiring just two stops to access the city. Local buses and a city-bound tram are similarly closeby, providing additional transport options.
Positioned for easy access to centrally located universities (University of Melbourne, RMIT, Victoria University) and hospitals (Royal Children’s hospital, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre), this home has been updated and extended to allow for modern conveniences and comforts, but has elegantly maintained many of its original period features such as high ornate ceilings, original baltic pine flooring and decorative fireplaces, with plenty of natural light throughout.
The house is available now 2018 to 31 December 2019, for a 6+ month lease (preferred).
----- Key features:
• Main bedroom has a king-sized bed with built-in wardrobes. The second bedroom has a double-sized bed and open shelf storage. The third bedroom has a single-sized bed that can be converted to double-sized (trundle style bed), built-in wardrobes and open shelf storage.
• Lounge room (with large leather sofas and a flatscreen tv) opens out to an enormous outdoor deck with stunning city skyline views, complete with gas bbq and a 6-seater outdoor setting perfect for entertaining family and friends
• Kitchen is appointed with a 4 burner gas stove and oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, a range of kitchen appliances and ample storage
• Dining area adjoins a spacious fully-enclosed undercover deck or sunroom/playroom facing out to the back garden
• Modern central bathroom with separate shower and bath, a european-style laundry with separate washing machine and dryer, and an additional powder room/second toilet
• Backyard garden is complete with herb-filled planter boxes and off-street parking (via remote-controlled roller door)
• Ducted heating throughout, in addition to split system cooling in the lounge room.
----- Additional information:
The third bedroom has also been furnished with a Herman Miller Aeron office chair and study desk, along with a PC laptop and multi-function printer. Accompanying this is a super comfortable Garstone Algester leather recliner chair making for the perfect reading spot.
The study room and rear shed as denoted on the accompanying floorplan will not be accessible during the tenancy, as they are being used as storage by the owners.
ADSL2+ wifi internet included in weekly rent, but utilities excluded (i.e. water, electricity, gas). Non-refundable deposit required. Bond deposit required (refundable). One-off end of lease cleaning fee of $90.
----- More about the area:
This pocket of Kensington is renowned for its village like feel, and is a short walk to both Kensington Road or Racecourse Road for cafes, supermarkets, shops, bars and culinarily diverse restaurants. The neighbouring Maribyrnong river and surrounding parks is a great place for a jog, family picnic or as a perfect vantage point to watch the world famous Melbourne Cup horse race hosted every November at Flemington Racecourse. Local parks and sporting facilities (e.g. gym, tennis courts, YMCA) are just a stone’s throw away. Queen Victoria Market and Footscray Market can also be easily and quickly reached from here by public transport.
There is a choice of primary schools within walking distance (e.g. Kensington Primary School, Holy Rosary Primary School), and a number of local high schools such as Mount Alexander College accessible easily via public transport.
A plethora of bike lanes and walking paths, including the much beloved Newmarket stock route, allow cyclists easy access into the CBD (15-20 minute ride) or its surrounds. Macaulay and South Kensington railway stations are also just a 10-12 minute walk away, allowing access to two additional train lines on the network. Car sharing services such as GoGet are also readily available in this area.