4-BEDROOM EDINBURGH APARTMENT THAT IS GREAT FOR LONG OR SHORT LETS
• Our large fully refurbished 4-bedroom non-smoking and non-vaping Edinburgh flat is 1 mile from City centre, and close to all local and City amenities and attractions.
• Situated peacefully at the end of a cul de sac within the safe and quiet residential area of prestigious Murrayfield proper, this well-loved family size double upper flat is excellently placed for walking into the heart of the City (15 minutes) to sample Edinburgh City life.
• Although close to public transport links and the City Centre, our apartment does not suffer from the usual noises of traffic and crowds that normally go hand in hand with City centre properties. Indeed, in the quiet of night, you can hear the proverbial pin drop. The tranquil location of our apartment was the reason why a pilot once rented our flat – he told us that he could sleep undisturbed by day or night, and be well rested and ready for taking off from Edinburgh Airport. The best of both worlds!
• For transport, hop on one of the many buses stopping at the three bus stops just 2 minutes walk from the flat for a 5-minute ride into the City centre.
• If you are flying into the City, a 20-minute direct bus service from Edinburgh Airport will bring you to the bus stop just is a 2-minute walk from the flat.
• Edinburgh's main bus station, St Andrew’s Bus Station, is 1.5 miles (10-minute bus ride) from the apartment.
• Haymarket Train Station is 0.9 mile away (3-minute bus ride).
• Our lovely period 4-bedroom City apartment dates from the late 1800s and boasts fantastic far-reaching views over the rooftops of historical Edinburgh City to the hills and horizon beyond.
• Located in Upper Coltbridge Terrace, Edinburgh, this beautifully maintained flat is over 100 years old, and boasts characterful original Victorian features, such as open fireplaces and cornicing.
• The modernised kitchen retains its period charm with a window seat and overhanging clothes pulley. It also houses all essential electrical appliances such as a dishwasher, washing machine/tumble drier, full size freestanding fridge/freezer, an all singing all dancing microwave, etc. We offer a fully equipped kitchen with a 4-burner gas hob and full-size electric oven so that you can cook up a feast if you wish to!
• Tableware includes all the usual crockery, cutlery, and glassware. More mundane are microwave-able storage Tupperware.
• We also provide linen and towels.
• The flat comprises 4 bedrooms: 2 doubles (1 with 4' bed), 1 single, and 1 twin (2'6" bed plus 3'6" bed) room, sleeping 7 people comfortably.
• There are 2 separate reception rooms besides the good-sized kitchen: a dining room that seats up to 8 people and a lovely sitting room with a working fireplace.
• There is a small outside area to the front of the flat, where we have installed a garden bench for guests and tenants to enjoy the Scottish sun!
• Unusually enough, despite our City location, there is FREE STREET PARKING.
• For tenants looking for longer lets rather than a short term holiday rental, you might like to know that this fully equipped double upper 4-bedroom apartment was originally home to a professional family with 4 children.
• Moreover, our Edinburgh City Apartment is registered with Edinburgh City Council and we are registered landlords of the flat.
• This historic apartment, which comprises half a semi-detached house, meets all the legal requirements and more for long and short term rentals, ranging from certified electric and gas installations to a fully wired-in a fire alarm.
• For anyone looking for a longer term let, you will be glad to know that our apartment was newly refurbished less than a year ago and is very energy efficient. Our pretty Victorian apartment is often used by academics and their families as well as for corporate professional lets. The main part of Edinburgh University at George Square is only 1.5 miles south and Kings Buildings is 2 miles south from the flat. There are good bus links to Heriot Watt University and other educational institutions.
• There are a number of excellent schools and nurseries within an easy walk of the apartment, with the closest school and nursery only 3 minutes' walk away. My own children attended two of the local nurseries, primary and secondary schools. Local amenities like a pharmacy, bakery and other shops are within a 2-minute walk from the front door.
• Green spaces just by the flat include the Water of Leith Walk and Old Railway Line where you will find people walking and cycling for exercise. Also nearby are open walks and parks within 15-20 minutes' walk.
• The apartment can be used for holiday, short and long lets. We have different rental rates for different seasons and lengths of stay.
• WEEKLY HOLIDAY LETS: From £1760 per week, to include council tax, utilities, TV, linen and towels. Telephone, WIFI and broadband internet are NOT included. Please contact us for DISCOUNTED weekly rates if you are staying longer than 3.5 weeks.
• FOR SHORT LETS BETWEEN 3 AND 5 PLUS MONTHS: A monthly rate of £1975 + bills is available for short lets of at least 3 months, EXCLUDING peak Festival periods. If your let overlaps into the July/August Edinburgh Festival period, please contact us to discuss rates. For the removal of any misunderstanding, short lets do NOT include council tax and utilities, and TV. 2 sets of linen and towels are provided. Telephone, WIFI and broadband internet are also NOT included.
• LONG LETS OF 6 OR MORE MONTHS will be eligible for a lower monthly rental of £1800 + ALL BILLS, INCLUDING peak holiday periods, such as the Edinburgh Festival dates. For the removal of any misunderstanding, long lets of 6 or more months do NOT include council tax, utilities, TV, linen and towels. Telephone, WIFI and broadband internet are also NOT included.
• Holiday let rates include all utilities, TV, TV licence, and council tax. Telephone, WIFI and broadband internet are NOT included.
• Short and long let rental rates do NOT include utilities, TV, TV licence, or council tax. Telephone, WIFI and broadband internet are NOT included. However, we will help you organise such payments with the relevant companies and local council.
• IF YOU HAVE A BUDGET, PLEASE TELL US AND WE WILL TRY, IF POSSIBLE, TO COME TO SOME ARRANGEMENT.
• If you have any further questions about renting our lovely flat and visiting or living in Edinburgh, please DO ASK. I would be glad to help.
• A damage/security deposit will be required.
Number of Bedrooms 4
Number of Bathrooms 1
Number of Offices 0
Number of reception rooms 2
Surface Size 1307 Sq. Feet
Suited for 7 people
Property Type Apartment