UNAVAILABLE UNTIL SUMMER 2022
Sunny, fully furnished & equipped townhouse in East Arlington (just outside Cambridge & Somerville) with 1 bedroom, 1 office/guestroom, and 1 bath available mid August for the 2021-22 academic year, for 1-2 people.
Dates are flexible. I am currently living in Upstate NY and then may return. (I thought I'd be gone for 1 year, but this will be my 5th year away. Renting my home to visiting faculty and fellows has been wonderful.)
Off-street parking for 2 cars
Car- and bike-sharing spots 10 min walk away
2 blocks away is a bus to the Red Line T subway
Tufts: walk or bike
Harvard: bike or bus
MIT: bike or bus & subway (I did this MIT commute for 16 years.)
Large, fenced yard on slope
One shared wall
Complete with linens, kitchen items, etc. -- just bring your suitcases
Within a 10 minute walk are a supermarket, a bike path, the Alewife Brook & Mystic River, and the vibrant East Arlington business district with restaurants, movie theater, art and gift shops, banks, post office, etc.
Davis Square and Arlington Center, each about one mile away, offer even more restaurants, shops, and theaters.
While so much is available right nearby, the neighborhood itself is quiet, with yards and trees, and many friendly and interesting neighbors.
Sorry, no smoking or cats -- I'm allergic. Other pets will be considered. (The fenced yard is great for a dog.)
• Washer and dryer in private basement (free)
• 2 or 3 window air conditioners
• Large, fenced back yard & shed
• Driveway for 2 cars
• New deck
• Sofabed in office for guests
• Monthly housecleaning service
The rent listed
• does not include utilities (gas heat & hot water, electricity, and fiber-optic internet/wifi);
• assumes you will take responsibility for snow removal and lawn mowing. (I can provide referrals to locals if you don't want to do it yourself. Electric lawnmower & shovels provided.) I'll be responsible for once-per-season major yard clean-up.
• applies to the full academic year. A shorter term may be possible be at a higher rent.
• 2-person limit (2 adults or 1 adult & 1 child/baby);
• No cats;
• No smoking;
• My house cleaner comes 1x/month (included);
• You must hold renter's insurance (which should cost $8-15/month)
• Pets (other than cats)
I hope you’ll enjoy my home as much as I do!